Saturday, October 4, 2014

what do you want to be when you grow up?

What do you want to be when you grow up?


 When I grow up I want to be a marketing and communications director. “What exactly is that?” Marketing and Communications director supervise and direct the workflow of marketing, advertising or public relations by assigning job tasks, facilitating interdepartmental communications and managing external communications. Marketing and communications managers work at both poles of their job title, as well as where marketing and communications duties meet. The marketing management side of the job may affect the development and refinement of marketing goals, pricing strategies, promotional activities and branding in consultation with marketing staff and clients. Directing market analysis and research to identify trends and opportunities is another marketing job duty. There are many responsibilities to this job and the qualifications are very important to be able to handle these duties. The minimum education and experience for a marketing and communications director According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), a position as an advertising or public relations manager requires Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or business related field, a Minimum of 10 years experience in marketing communications in high tech and/or medical industry and a minimum of 5 years experience managing a marketing communications team.

Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities


To be a marketing and communications director, it is imperative to demonstrate the appropriate and qualified skills for this career, such as:

  •       Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills
  •       Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
  •         Exercises a high degree of tact and diplomacy
  •       Project management and Analytical skills
  •       Business related computer skills including knowledge with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
  •        Technical Skills
  •       Non-verbal communication skills and leadership skills
  •       Researching Skills



The Information Center has allowed me to work on the skills, which are vital for the career that I want to enter in. This Internship is teaching me the right skills and fundamentals to reach these goals. On a day-to-day basis I am learning how to be a good communicator. These skills teaches me how to pass on information along, how to make good relationships, and shows me how to make peaceful communities. The Information center allows me to get what I need. If I can effectively communicate what I need or want, I am more likely to be successful in getting it. Effective communication also helps me to convince others to agree with me in a persuasive setting. Communication skill is very essential because it usually makes or breaks your career. If I can't communicate effectively, people won't listen to what I have to say and I will have very limited career options. Through the tasks of filing papers, making phone calls and handling customer complaints and questions, my internship has done a great job teaching me the basic skills I need to enter into the career field I desire.


http://www.nonin.com/JobPost.aspx?ID=141
http://education-portal.com/articles/Marketing_Communication_Manager_Job_Description_and_Requirements.html

No comments:

Post a Comment